Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Movie day!

Summer break is coming to a close.  I'm more than a little sad about it.  I love being at home with my girl.  She seems to thrive here.  Daycare was a good place for her to play with her peers, but in the end, it wasn't a good situation last year.  I have never seen so many constantly green, snotty noses on toddlers.  Besides being sick all fall and winter (from August to April to be exact), I can't be certain Em was treated appropriately there.  Being sick really took its toll on my poor girl.  She spent so much energy trying to fight off her constant infections that her development really slowed.  When you spend 8 months coughing, on antibiotics, and taking 5 daily breathing treatments, how can you learn to walk?

Since she's been home she's been healthy.  Not one single cough, ear infection, cold.  NADA!!  It's been much needed.  Needless to say her development has picked back up, which is awesome.  So to celebrate we took her to see Rio today.  How stinkin cute!!  The movie was adorable too.  Oh she laughed!  And she danced!  And when the birds fell she screamed "Oh no!!"  She covered her eyes; she smacked her leg while giggling.  She asked for more popcorn...using speech!!!! 

I love my job, but I love my girl more!  Going back to work is going to be so hard!  I am grateful for every second I get with her--even on days that I cannot wait til naptime!

1 comment: